Charles University was founded in 1348, making it one of the oldest universities in the world. Yet, it is also renowned as a modern, dynamic, cosmopolitan and prestigious institution of higher education.
Charles University is ranked by the most respected international league tables amongst the top 2 % of world universities. The whole university comprises 17 relatively independent faculties, located mainly in Prague, but also in the cities of Pilsen and Hradec Králové.
We are the largest university in the Czech Republic offering a broad range of study programmes and courses in various fields in both Czech and English (science, medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, computer science, humanities, social sciences, physiotherapy, law, education, economics, mathematics,…). CU provides study programmes at all levels – bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral. Our faculties educate almost 50,000 students and over 9,000 international students come to the university to obtain their degrees.
Join our broad academic community together with thousands of students from all over the world and study in the heart of Europe!
Charles University offers the following 3-year English-taught Bachelor’s programs.
- Choral Singing for Teacher education with double curriculum study Music Education for Teacher Education
- Computer Sciences
- Economics and Finance
- English Language for Teacher Education with double curriculum study Music Education for Teacher Education
- English Language for Teacher Education with double curriculum study Playing Instrument for Teacher Education (double subject study)
- Fitness Coach
- History and Area Studies
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Music Education for Teacher Education with double curriculum study English Language for Teacher Education (double subject study)
- Music Education for Teacher Education with double curriculum study Choral Singing for Teacher Education (double subject study)
- Music Education for Teacher Education with double curriculum study Playing Instrument for Teacher Education (double subject study)
- Playing Instrument for Teacher Education with double curriculum study English Language for Teacher Education (double subject study)
- Playing Instrument for Teacher Education with double curriculum Study Music Education for teacher Education
- Politics, Philosophy and Economics
- Protestant Theology
- Social Sciences
Charles University also offers the following long-cycle English-taught Master’s programs (Bachelor’s + Master’s combined)
The Academic Year starts on October 1 and lasts until the end of September the following year. The academic year is divided into winter (fall) term starting in October and summer (spring) term starting in February. Most faculties have a summer break in July and August.
Charles University comprises 17 independent faculties (schools). Each faculty has a specific application procedure and admission requirements. Most faculties hold their own entrance exams. If there is no entrance exam, applicants are assessed based on submitted documents (e.g. SAT, A-Level, TOEFL, IELTS, etc.). Prospective students are advised to visit the website of the respective faculty to see what the specific admission requirements are.
In general, the application period takes place in spring/early summer.
Approximately 30 EUR
How to apply
Application process can be found HERE
- 0 CZK up to 450,000 CZK (approximately up to 17,700 EUR/year), depending on the study programs
- Free if you study in the Czech language (Applicants have to meet the same application and admission requirements as Czech students. Some faculties require a Czech language certificate.
- Faculty of Mathematics and Physics offers up to two Computer Science Tuition Fee Scholarships for the Bachelor’s Program in Computer Science
- Faculty of Social Sciences offers a Development Scholarships, which provides at least a partial cover for students from abroad.
📖 Each faculty also offers scholarships for students with outstanding study results. This scholarship may be applied for after the first year of study. The exact amount of scholarship is prescribed by internal regulations of each respective faculty.
Our representatives are happy to talk to you and answer the questions that you may have! Feel free to book an appointment.
Marie Salovaara, International Student Advisor