Maastricht University (UM) is a young and dynamic academic community, focussing on innovation and impact. Our interactive approach to learning puts you and your fellow students in the driver’s seat. With PBL, most of your learning takes place in small groups of 10 to 15 students.
You work together to solve real-world problems and do hands-on skills training. Your instructor facilitates, but you take the lead. This makes you the type of independent problem-solver that employers are looking for.
We’re located in the south of the Netherlands and in the heart of Europe. Our ‘international classroom’ brings together people from all over the world who have different backgrounds and perspectives. And it’s these very differences that enrich your learning experience at UM and make it unique.
With more than half of our 19,000 students coming from abroad, we’re the most international university in the Netherlands. Each year, we welcome more than 1,000 foreign exchange students, while about 40% of our own students study abroad.
Our strength lies in collaboration and in fostering an environment in which everyone feels welcome and valued. We’re an academic community where diverse cultures, perspectives and ideas come together.
Maastricht University offers the following English-taught 3 years Bachelor’s programs.
- High School Diploma (Dutch VWO equivalent) – List of diplomas equivalent to the Dutch VWO diploma is available HERE (*Students with Japanese high school diploma are required to take a National Center Test for University Admissions)
- Some programs may require specific subjects. CLICK HERE to see more details
- English proficiency test may be required (i.e. IELTS 6.0-6.5 depending on the program) unless you are a native English speaker or you have completed the curriculum that are taught completely in English
Each program has its own Admissions Requirements. A full overview of Admissions Requirements for all Bachelor’s programs is available HERE.
Application deadlines vary depending on programs and your nationalities. An overview of the deadlines for Bachelor’s programs is available HERE
- 100 Euro for Non-EU/EEA applicants. Details are available HERE.
Tuition fees vary depending on programs and applicant’s nationality. CLICK HERE to see an overview of the tuition fees.
Maastricht University offers several scholarships:
- Candriam Scholarship
- Prof. Jo Ritzen Scholarship
- Maastricht Scholarship by Stichting Kannunik Salden/Nieuwenhof
Our representatives are happy to talk to you and answer the questions that you may have! Connect us via Live Chat between 8:30 – 17.00 (CET):
Alternatively, you can also contact the student ambassadors or country representatives:
Li-Anne Krol, Communications Officer, China & Southeast Asia