Tilburg University is a research university based in the South of the Netherlands, known for its high-quality education, social orientation, and strong campus feeling. We offer a large number of English-taught programs in the areas of Business and Entrepreneurship, Management, Economics, Econometrics, Data Science, Law, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Psychology, Humanities, Communication and Digital Sciences.
Our motto is Understanding Society, and through this motto, we want to inspire students to study and positively influence society around them. We want to contribute to solving complex social issues, by developing and transferring knowledge and connecting with people from different disciplines and different organizations.
Tilburg University offers the following 3-year English-taught Bachelor’s programs.
Diploma & Subjects
We accept a range of secondary school diplomas from across the world. Below you will find a list of a few of the diplomas we recognize. For a full overview, please have a look at our website.
- Dutch vwo diploma;
- International or European Baccalaureate (IB / EB);
- A European secondary school diploma which allows access to university in your own country, such as the German Abitur, the Swiss Matura, the French Baccalaureat or British A-levels;
- United States High School diploma with 4 Advanced Placement subjects;
- Chinese Gaozhong and Gaokao and at least l year academic education;
- Most non-EU diplomas require a case-by-case evaluation. Sometimes a foundation year is necessary.
Some programs require applied or advanced knowledge of mathematics, if mathematics and statistics play a role in the program. For the following programs, math requirements apply:
- Medium math requirement:
BSc Economics, BSc International Business Administration, BSc Entrepreneurship and Business Innovation, BSc Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence;
- High math requirement:
BSc Data Science, BSc Econometrics and Operations Research;
- Math up to and including the last year of high school:
BSc Psychology, BSc International Sociology, BSc Global Management of Social Issues, BSc Human Resource Studies: People Management.
English Proficiency Test
You need to demonstrate your proficiency in English by submitting the results of either:
- Academic IELTS: min. score of 6.0 (5.5 min. for all parts). Exception: BSc Data Science asks for min. 6.5 overall, 6.0 for all parts; LLB Global Law asks for min 6.0 overall, 6.0 for all parts.
- TOEFL iBT: min. score of 80. Exception: BSc Data Science asks for min. 90 overall, 21 for all parts.
– Cl advanced (formerly CAE): score A, B or C;
– C2 proficiency (formerly CPE): score A, B or C;
- Your full IB or EB diploma
Do note, however, that exemptions are possible. To know whether you can be exempted, please refer to the admission and application page of your desired program.
- April 1st, 2022 (Non-EEA nationals)
- May 1st, 2022 (EU/EEA nationals)
- January 15th, 2022 for BSc Psychology (Numerus Fixus)
How to apply
Application process can be found HERE
- EU/EEA students: 2,205 Euro / year in 2022-23
All students with EU/EEA nationality are required to pay these subsidized fees, referred to as the statutory fees. EU/EEA students who pay the statutory fee and start a Bachelor’s program in higher education for the first time in September 2022 will pay 1,102.50 Euro for the first 12 consecutive months
- Non-EU/ Non-EEA students: 9,000 Euro / year in 2022-23
Our representatives are happy to talk to you and answer the questions that you may have! Feel free to book an appointment.